Our tents are named after Owls, such as Tawny and Short Eared. The tents are on platforms where you can relax and dine outdoors. The tents are situated along the bottom of the valley, close to the stream.
Our bell tents sleep 4 (king size bed bedding included and two single fold-out mattresses bottoms sheet and pillows included, sleeping bags available on request or bring your own).
It has a fully equipped kitchen area including a two-ring gas cooker, barbeque and private bathroom with its own private compost toilet and eco shower, along with a running tap of cold water.
Accompanied by Steve’s Shack, our recreational space, which has 2×2 gas rings and a washing-up area, along with seating, games, a log burner, and plenty of candles, is perfect for those odd rainy evenings. We also have a small honesty shop where you will be able to pick up some essentials like bread, milk, and eggs; this is also where you can pick up freezer packs for the cool boxes provided in the tents.
Up on the Carriage Way is the cob and stone Beaters Hut (affectionately known as the bus stop, an excellent spot for a bit of stargazing) and hidden away a little further into the woods is the large campfire site, located in the old quarry.
The campfire site is a sheltered spot for getting together, swapping stories of your adventures and roasting a few marshmallows. If you have a little acoustic talent, you may even want to have a little campfire sing-song.
- Handmade oak king size bed
- All the bedding for the kingsize bed (sleeping bags, sleeping bag liners, and pillows available on request for single beds)
- Pots and pans – extra utensils can be found in Steve’s Shack
- Crockery and cutlery
- Cooking equipment
- A supply of logs and kindling (if you need more you can purchase these from the honesty shop)
- Blankets and hot water bottles
- Cool boxes (you will be able to exchange your ice packs daily from the honesty shop freezer)
- Your own private compost toilet and eco shower
- We will provide eco-friendly soap/shampoo, from our friends at North Devon Soap – there will be more available to buy should you run out
- Each tent has its own freshwater tap
Please bring the following items:
- Bedding for single beds
- Torch (we will have wind-up/solar torches you can borrow from us, subject to a £10 deposit if you forget)
- Good shoes and wellies – we are, of course, at the mercy of the British weather
- Clothing for all weathers
- Insect repellent (seasonal)
- Your sense of adventure