Barn Owl Cabin is the perfect place to enjoy the serenity of the Valley, sitting on a large, enclosed, private decking area with your own wood-fired hot tub overlooking the beautiful neighbouring woodland and the burbling stream.
Our cabin sleeps up to 4 – a king-size bed and a mezzanine floor with two single futon beds suitable for up to 2 children or adults with all bedding included.
Inside, there is a lovely log burner to keep you warm and cosy, plus there is sufficient room to dine inside on a fold-up table if the need arises. The cabin is decorated with solar lights and lanterns inside and out.
Outside on the decking area, you will find a fully equipped kitchen area with 2 gas ring burners, a fresh water tap and a bbq area. We also provide a large cool box and fresh ice blocks daily. You can enjoy dining outside on the table and chairs, and relax on the sun loungers or stargaze whilst keeping warm by the chiminea. And, of course, the marvellous wood-fired hot tub for the exclusive use of the cabin only. The daily set up and use of the hot tub is included at no extra charge – we will be on hand daily to clean and get the tub up to temperature for you.
As with all of our accommodations, Barn Owl has its own private bathroom area that consists of a gas-powered shower and a biolan compost toilet.
Accompanied by Steve’s Shack, our recreational space, where you can find a pool table, darts board, plenty of board games, a log burner, and plenty of candles, it is the perfect place for those odd rainy evenings. We also have a small honesty shop where you will be able to pick up some essentials like extra fire wood or additional bbq coal; this is also where you can pick up freezer packs for the cool boxes provided.
Up on the Carriage Way is the cob and stone Beaters Hut (affectionately known as the bus stop, an excellent spot for a bit of stargazing) and hidden away a little further into the woods is the large campfire site, located in the old quarry.
- king size bed
- two single futon beds
- All bedding is provided for the Barn Owl Cabin
- Wood fired hot tub
- Pots and pans – extra utensils can be found in Steve’s Shack
- Crockery and cutlery
- Cooking equipment
- Blankets and hot water bottles
- Cool boxes (you will be able to exchange your ice packs daily from the honesty shop freezer)
- Your own private compost toilet and shower
- We will provide eco-friendly soap/shampoo, from our friends at North Devon Soap – there will be more available to buy should you run out
Please bring the following items:
- Torch (we will have wind-up/solar torches you can borrow from us, subject to a £10 deposit if you forget)
- Good shoes and wellies – we are, of course, at the mercy of the British weather
- Clothing for all weathers
- Insect repellent (seasonal)
- Your sense of adventure