Barn Owl Cabin is the perfect place to enjoy the serenity of the Valley. Barn Owl has an outdoor kitchen with gas and water supply as well as cooking essentials. The Barn Owl Cabin has a small wood-burning chiminea and a wood-fired hot tub for the exclusive use of the cabin only.
Our cabin sleeps up to 4 – a king-size bed and a mezzanine floor with two single mattresses suitable for up to 2 children or adults with all bedding included.
The cabin has an additional feature of a log-burner whose guard can be removed on choice. A handy hob for heating the kettle is present. There is sufficient room to dine inside on a fold-up table if the need arises. The cabin is decorated with lanterns and fairy lights, adding to its charm.
Barn Owl conveniently has its own private bathroom area that consists of a gas-powered shower, eco pump shower, and a biolan compost toilet. The cabin is a silent retreat where you can sleep peacefully and recharge yourself.
Accompanied by Steve’s Shack, our recreational space, which has 2×2 gas rings and a washing-up area, along with seating, games, a log burner, and plenty of candles, is perfect for those odd rainy evenings. We also have a small honesty shop where you will be able to pick up some essentials like bread, milk, and eggs.
Up on the Carriage Way is the cob and stone Beaters Hut (affectionately known as the bus stop, an excellent spot for a bit of stargazing) and hidden away a little further into the woods is the large campfire site, located in the old quarry.
The campfire site is a sheltered spot for getting together, swapping stories of your adventures and roasting a few marshmallows. If you have a little acoustic talent, you may even want to have a little campfire sing-song.
- Handmade oak king size bed
- All the bedding for the kingsize bed and single beds (sleeping bags, sleeping bag liners, and pillows available on request)
- Pots and pans – extra utensils can be found in Steve’s Shack
- Crockery and cutlery
- Cooking equipment
- A supply of logs and kindling (if you need more you can purchase these from the honesty shop)
- Blankets and hot water bottles
- Wood-fired hot tub
- Cool boxes (you will be able to exchange your ice packs daily from the honesty shop freezer)
- Your own private compost toilet and eco gas-powered hot water shower
- We will provide eco-friendly soap/shampoo, from our friends at North Devon Soap – there will be more available to buy should you run out
- Each tent has its own freshwater tap
Please bring the following items:
- Torch (we will have wind-up/solar torches you can borrow from us, subject to a £10 deposit if you forget)
- Good shoes and wellies – we are, of course, at the mercy of the British weather
- Clothing for all weathers
- Insect repellent (seasonal)
- Your sense of adventure