Last updated: 24th August 2022
If the information you’re looking for is not stated below, or if you want to find out more about our Terms & Conditions, please don’t hesitate to Contact Us.
At Owl Valley Glamping, we are proactive about all your concerns to make sure you have an enjoyable experience. From our terms and conditions to our cancellation policy, everything is explained in detail in our FAQs section on our website to make sure you can make an informed decision that meets all your travel needs.
By booking your experience with Owl Valley Glamping, you hereby agree to be in a binding contract with the following stated terms.
‘Us’ and ‘We’ in these terms refer to the Owl Valley Glamping team, whereas ‘you’ and ‘your’ refer to the people/persons booking the collective glamping experience. Our confirmation email is a conduit for the reservation as well as your inherent consent to the contractual terms and conditions listed on this page.
Owl Valley Glamping waives all responsibility for losses or damage to possessions and/or personal injury. Your booking represents your undertaking of full responsibility for yourself, your group, minors, and associates and, as such, agree to abide by the terms and conditions.
Please adhere to the terms and conditions for a seamless glamping experience.
Booking can be made in one of the following ways: telephone, email, or the website itself. Confirmation for your booking will be dispatched through email or by post if that is preferred. In case of non-receipt of confirmation, please reach out to us for a prompt address of the issue and let us know of any errors and/or objections in the process if needed.
The sent-out confirmation through all medium stands to remain provisional pending the cleared deposit/full payment. After clearance of payment, the final email confirmation of booking will be sent out. Provisional bookings are held for a standard time of 7 days, and in the event that the provision booking is within a month of the letting time, they shall only be held for a period of 48 hours for the payment to be cleared.
Bookings cannot be transferred, and all guest names must be enlisted on the booking form along with guests ages if under the age of 18.
Booking individuals must be over the age of 18 to book the Owl Valley Glamping experience. All bookings must have an adult, 18+ present at all times.
Our accommodation types are let for specific times only, for holiday use, and the people using these units must not exceed the number stated during booking.
Booking done over email or telephone requires a non-refundable deposit of £25.00/unit, and the total amount must be paid four weeks before the booking date. Owl Valley Glamping will not send reminders for payment due, and due diligence is requested.
If there are any changes or cancellations from your side, you must let our team know as soon as possible to cancel or alter your booking experience. Communication in this regard must be made via telephone and confirmed by email.
It will always be our aim to rebook your accommodation in the event of cancellation to return your payment in full, but in the event that proves impossible, the following charges will be maintained:
- Cancellation between four and two weeks prior to booking – 50% payment refunded
- Cancellation two weeks before booking date – no refund applicable
In the event that cancellation or changes emanate from our team, our team reserves full rights to make those changes, while it shall always be the Owl Valley Glamping team’s primary focus to not alter your reservation in any way, very rarely alterations or cancellations must be made for the interests of all stakeholders involved.
Arrival and Departures
Arrival times/check in for all accommodation types are between 15:30 and 22:00. Departure/check out for all accommodation types is by 10:30, on the departure date. Alternatively, adjusted times can be arranged on request in advance. For any further information regarding this or to convey a status of being late or early, please make sure to reach out to us.
If you do not contact us and are delayed beyond noon the following day after your booking, your booking shall be considered null and void, and no refund shall be compensated.
Owl Valley is a nature reserve, and to maintain its natural biodiversity and minimise the impact on it from the Glamping experience, certain measures are put into place to be respected by all attendees. Furthermore, no barriers are put into place around the pond or its feeding stream to ensure it remains as natural as possible. Access to the pond is allowed, but with caution as steep banks, uneven ground, and steps exist along the pond.
With unpredictable weather conditions, the stream and its banks may behave differently, so suitable clothing, footwear and advice from our glamping team are all highly recommended. It is requested that adults and their accompanying minors remain responsible for their safety and avoid undue risks since Owl Valley Glamping waives responsibility in this regard.
Furthermore, please understand that the open outdoors means it gets very dark at night and a good torch comes highly recommended.
Given that Owl Valley is a nature reserve, many indigenous species populate the lands. As such, it is not uncommon for interesting species and critters to end up inside your tent, especially during certain times of the year. Please do not be alarmed, and in any case, you may seek assistance from our team. Foxes, badgers, and deer can often be attracted to the food left outside. So, please secure any food in closed containers that are provided to avoid attracting them to the glampsite.
Your booking with Owl Valley Glamping is your acknowledgement of the risks, hazards and dangers associated with our glamping experience and the site, and that you proceed at your own risk but will exercise caution. In case of any extreme or dangerous conditions presenting a threat to all those at the venue, Owl Valley Glamping reserves the right to close the glampsite without notice and at its discretion. All cooperation in this regard is appreciated.
Owl Valley Glamping recommends insurance to cover losses of cancellation, damage, loss, or injury. We are a small business and thus may not be able to provide insurance, coverage, or accommodation for changes in our guests’ personal circumstances.
The private parking is a five-minute walk away from the glampsite, and vehicles are forbidden from entering the reserve beyond the parking. Exceptions include emergency responders and staff vehicles. Parking is at the risk of vehicular owners, and Owl Valley Glamping accepts no liability for damage to or loss from said vehicles. Our staff will be available to help guide you and your belongings to your accommodation upon arrival.
As much fun as pets may add to the experience, pets are regrettably disallowed from the glamping site to ensure the safety of all people and animals in the area.
You agree to be responsible for the fixtures and fittings of your accommodation and agree to leave these and facilities of the glampsite as you found them upon arrival. It is a precondition of your booking to wash all cooking utensils and dishes used during your stay. You shall be billed for any serious breakages or damage that was caused by negligence. You may also be charged if the accommodation is left in an untidy/unclean condition since they have to be prepared in time for the next group of visitors.
You are requested not to cross the stream to the other side, as you would then be trespassing onto our neighbour’s property.
You are requested to not collect wood from the campsite as many of the piles of logs and twigs you will see are left for the wildlife such as insects, butterflies and hedgehogs, and our innate wish is to preserve and not destroy their habitat- both in the interests of biodiversity and to preserve the glamping experience for the next batch of visitors. We would also plead that you respect flora and fauna and do not pick the flowers, trample them, or damage trees, etc., during your stay.
Smoking is prohibited within all accommodation types or in the Steve’s Shack as they present a fire risk. There are ashtrays provided outside to accommodate smokers. We request you use them and do not throw cigarette butts on the ground as it is unsightly and nonbiodegradable, and presents an immense fire risk! You are also disallowed from cooking inside your accommodation for the same reason.
You are not permitted to have any candles or open flames inside any of the units at any time.
You are not permitted to store logs, kindling or fire lighters inside the units, on or next to the log burners. Please do not place any objects on top of the log burners. We ask kindly that if you wish to roast marshmallows, this is done on the fire pits that are provided outside. Please ask if you require a fire guard and we will be happy to provide you with one.
The log burners are not multi fuel please only use the wood provided. You must agree that the log burners are not left unattended whilst in use.
Owl Valley Glamping and its ancillary staff are not liable for any loss or damage to visitor’s property; however, it may be caused. We accept no liability for injury sustained to any party whilst on our site and therefore plead all to exercise extreme caution and attention.
Noise and Behavior
We ask that you show consideration to other guests and staff; offensive and/or dangerous behavior may result in the removal of you and/or persons in your party from the campsite. If this happens, your booking would be forfeit, and you would not be entitled to any refund.
We really want you to have a relaxed and enjoyable camping experience with us. With this in mind, we are not averse to music in the valley. However, we would again ask that you respect your fellow campers, our local neighbours and, of course, our resident wildlife. The noise level is at our discretion, and we will ask you to turn it down or off if need be. There is a low noise policy after 9 PM.
Wood-fired Hot Tub Usage
As the lead guest, you are accepting this acknowledgement and disclaimer on behalf of each member of your party and will ensure each member of your party is aware of and strictly adheres to the guidelines set out below when using the hot tub.
You and all members of your party hereby agree to ensure that any children in your care or associated with your party are supervised at all times when they are in the vicinity of the hot tub. Extreme caution must be taken to ensure that no child under five years of age is permitted to enter the hot tub at any time. Any children over five years of age and under 16 years of age using the hot tub or near the hot tub must be closely supervised at all times. The nature of the wood-burning hot tub means extra care is needed due to hot surfaces, real fires, and chimneys.
All members of your party and yourself as lead guest understand and agree that:
- Children should not go near the hot tub without adult supervision and should never be left unattended in or near the hot tub.
- Always enter and exit the hot tub slowly, as the plastic surface of the vat may be slippery.
- Never jump in the hot tub or subject it to other unintended loads, as this may cause personal injury as well as damage to the hot tub.
- A wood-fired hot tub needs extra caution due to the natural, unregulated way the water is heated. It is essential to test the water temperature before entering. A cold-water hose is available next to the hot tub – recommended temperature 37.5 degrees.
- The use of drugs, alcohol and some medications before or during use of the hot tub may lead to unconsciousness with the possibility of drowning and can significantly increase the risk of fatal hyperthermia.
- Glass items are strictly prohibited from use in the hot tub.
- No member of your party may use the hot tub without prior consultation with a doctor if they are obese or has a medical history of heart disease, low or high blood pressure, circulatory system problems or diabetes.
- Some medications may induce drowsiness, and others may affect heart rate, blood pressure and circulation. If any member of your party has recently taken or is currently taking any medication, they will consult a doctor before using the hot tub.
- No member of your party may use the hot tub if they have an infectious disease or have any open sores and/or wounds due to the possibility of spreading infection.
- No member of your party may use the hot tub if she is pregnant or potentially pregnant without prior consultation with a doctor.
- Prolonged immersion in the hot tub may be hazardous to health.
- The hot tub must not be used immediately after strenuous exercise.
- All members of your party must shower both before and after using the hot tub.
- Owl Valley Glamping reserves the right to charge a cleaning fee of £50 should the hot tub require deep cleaning during your stay due to non-showering, drink, food, and other debris.
- Under no circumstances should the hot tub cover be removed by yourself or any member of your party when it is not in use.
- Under no circumstances should any member of your party release water from the hot tub during your stay.
- Whilst we will do everything possible to ensure that the wood-fired hot tub is fully functioning throughout your stay, this cannot be guaranteed. Should something happen beyond our control i.e a boiler breakage / hosepipe ban, this would not be grounds for a refund or reduced payment.
Contact a staff member at Owl Valley Glamping to arrange a time for the hot tub to be set up for you daily. Please remember that this is a time-consuming process that requires upwards of 3 hours. However, we will try our best to meet your requirements.
All members of my party and I accept and acknowledge that risks and injury may be caused or increased by our own acts, omission, negligence, or failure to follow any guidelines provided to us, and Owl Valley Glamping shall not be liable in such circumstances. We also accept and acknowledge that we will be held responsible and incur charges for the full damage to the hot tub and/or lid which occurs during our stay. Owl Valley Glamping accepts no responsibility for any direct or indirect loss, damage or injury suffered or incurred by any person using the hot tub. By placing a booking, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The Countryside Code
- Respect other people
- Consider the local community and other people enjoying the outdoors
- Leave gates and property as you find them, and follow paths unless wider access is available.
- Protect the natural environment
- Leave no trace of your visit and take your litter home
- Enjoy the outdoors
- Plan ahead and be prepared
- Follow the advice and local signs