Our beautiful bell tent, Short Eared, is situated on a large, decked area where you can relax and dine outdoors, nestled along the bottom of the valley, close to the stream.
Our bell tent sleeps 4 (king size bed – bedding included and two single futon beds – bedding not included).
Outside, you can enjoy dining alfresco on the picnic bench which is located near your private kitchen area or gather around the firepit to roast marshmallows listening to the Owls and enjoying the wonderful dark sky.
There is a fully equipped kitchen area including a two-ring gas cooker, barbeque and private bathroom with its own private Biolan composting toilet and eco shower, along with a running fresh water tap.
Accompanied by Steve’s Shack, our recreational space, where you can find a pool table, darts board, plenty of board games, a log burner, and plenty of candles, it is the perfect place for those odd rainy evenings. We also have a small honesty shop where you will be able to pick up some essentials like extra fire wood or additional bbq coal; this is also where you can pick up freezer packs for the cool boxes provided in the tents.
Up on the Carriage Way is the cob and stone Beaters Hut (affectionately known as the bus stop, an excellent spot for a bit of stargazing) and hidden away a little further into the woods is the large campfire site, located in the old quarry.
- Handmade oak king size bed
- Two single futon beds
- Bedding for the king size bed
- Pots and pans – extra utensils can be found in Steve’s Shack
- Crockery and cutlery
- Cooking equipment
- Blankets and hot water bottles
- Cool boxes (you will be able to exchange your ice packs daily from the honesty shop freezer)
- Your own private compost toilet and eco shower
- We will provide eco-friendly soap/shampoo, from our friends at North Devon Soap – there will be more available to buy should you run out
- The tent has its own freshwater tap
Please bring the following items:
- Bedding for single beds
- Good shoes and wellies – we are, of course, at the mercy of the British weather
- Clothing for all weathers
- Insect repellent (seasonal)
- Your sense of adventure