Our impressive Geodome, new for 2021, is situated at the end of the valley set on a large platform with its own private wood-fired hot tub overlooking the stream and neighbouring woodland.
Long Eared Geodome sleeps up to 6 with a kingsize bed and two single beds, both have bedding included. There is also a small double sofa bed (bedding not included) Inside, you will find a lovely log burner that helps to keep you warm and cosy in the evenings plus extra blankets and hot water bottles can be found too. There is a large chest of drawers and a full length mirror for your convenience. The dome has a large solar powered main light and plenty of fairy lights.
Outside, on the large decking area, you will find the wonderful wood fired hot tub for the exclusive use of the geodome only. The daily set up and use of the hot tub is included at no extra charge – Chris and Scott will be on hand daily to clean and get the tub up to temperature for you.
Long Eared has its own private covered kitchen area that includes a two-ring gas cooker, barbeque, as well as cooking and eating utensils and a fresh water drinking tap. There is also an undercover dining table and a large picnic bench. Plus, you have a firepit with plenty of seating around to roast marshmallows and swap campfire stories.
You also have your own private bathroom facilities that include a biolan compost toilet and gas-powered hot water shower.
Accompanied by Steve’s Shack, our recreational space, where you can find a pool table, darts board, plenty of board games, a log burner, and plenty of candles, it is the perfect place for those odd rainy evenings. We also have a small honesty shop where you will be able to pick up some essentials like extra fire wood or additional bbq coal; this is also where you can pick up freezer packs for the cool boxes provided in the tents.
Up on the Carriage Way is the cob and stone Beaters Hut (affectionately known as the bus stop, an excellent spot for a bit of stargazing) and hidden away a little further into the woods is the large campfire site, located in the old quarry.
- King size bed
- Two single futon beds
• A small double sofa bed
• All bedding is provided apart from bedding for the sofa bed
• Wood fired hot tub
• Pots and pans – extra utensils can be found in Steve’s Shack
• Crockery and cutlery
• Cooking equipment
• Blankets and hot water bottles
• Cool boxes (you will be able to exchange your ice packs daily from the honesty shop freezer)
• Your own private compost toilet and shower
• We will provide eco-friendly soap/shampoo, from our friends at North Devon Soap – there will be more available to buy should you run out
Please bring the following items:
- Bedding for the sofa bed
- Torch (we will have wind-up/solar torches you can borrow from us, subject to a £10 deposit if you forget)
- Good shoes and wellies – we are, of course, at the mercy of the British weather
- Clothing for all weathers
- Insect repellent (seasonal)
- Your sense of adventure