Our impressive Geodome, new for 2021, is set on a large platform with a wood-fired hot tub, picnic bench with its own fire pit so you can relax right outside your door. Long Eared is set at the bottom of the valley close to the stream. It has its own private covered kitchen area that includes a two-ring gas cooker, barbeque, as well as cooking and eating utensils. A large picnic bench offers brilliant views of the river and neighbouring woodland.
Long Eared private bathroom facilities include a biolan compost toilet and gas-powered hot water shower. The dome houses a log burner which makes the chilly nights nice and cosy. A hand-made king-sized bed and a small double sofa add a personal touch.
Our domes sleep up to 6 with a kingsize bed and two single beds, both have bedding included. There is also a small double sofa bed with a bottom sheet included and sleeping bags available on request.
Our recreational retreat Steve’s Shack, is always the best place to go for the occasional rainy night. Accompanied by 2x2 gas rings, pizza oven, and washing up area, plus seating with games, pool table, dartboard, and a log burner with plenty of candles, it is a favoured spot amongst our glampers.
Up on the Carriage Way is the cob and stone Beaters Hut (affectionately known as the bus stop, an excellent spot for a bit of stargazing) and hidden away a little further into the woods is the large campfire site, located in the old quarry.
The campfire site is a sheltered spot for getting together, swapping stories of your adventures and roasting a few marshmallows. If you have a little acoustic talent, you may even want to have a little campfire sing-song.
- Handmade king size bed
- All the bedding for the kingsize bed and pull out single beds (we have sleeping bags, sleeping bag liners, and pillows available on request for the sofa bed)
- Pots and pans – extra utensils can be found in Steve’s Shack
- Crockery and cutlery
- Cooking equipment
- A supply of logs and kindling (if you need more you can purchase these from the honesty shop)
- Blankets and hot water bottles
- Wood-fired hot tub
- Cool boxes (you will be able to exchange your ice packs daily from the honesty shop freezer)
- Your own private compost toilet and gas-powered hot water shower
- We will provide eco-friendly soap/shampoo, from our friends at North Devon Soap – there will be more available to buy should you run out
- Each unit has its own freshwater tap
Please bring the following items:
- Bedding for single beds
- Torch (we will have wind-up/solar torches you can borrow from us, subject to a £10 deposit if you forget)
- Good shoes and wellies – we are, of course, at the mercy of the British weather
- Clothing for all weathers
- Insect repellent (seasonal)
- Your sense of adventure